When Jacques Audiard’s A Prophet opened to international acclaim in 2009, its 28-year-old star Tahar Rahim seemed destined for huge things. “Usually I start building a character from the inside,” Rahim tells me. Tahar Rahim as Mohmedou Ould Slahi Actor Tahar Rahim attends 'Le Passe' photocall during the 66th Annual Cannes Film Festival at the Palais des Festivals on May 17, 2013 in Cannes, France. On The Serpent, he would always want another take. En couple avec Leila Bekhti depuis des années et papa de deux enfants, Tahar Rahim a parfois du mal à jongler entre sa vie privée et son travail. But despite his leading-man looks and chameleonic on-screen presence, the past decade has seen Rahim avoid Hollywood pretty much altogether. – it strikes.”, Actor and character couldn’t be more different. “It’s in our nature to want to find out about him,” he says. Tahar Rahim en route pour les Oscars ? Personal Life. La nomination aux Golden Globes de son compagnon l'acteur Tahar Rahim. “When I asked him that question, you know, ‘How did you get through that?’ He said, ‘I was angry, of course, I didn’t understand why I was there, or why they were doing this to me? Rahim’s American accent today is a hangover from that role, his native French cadences surfacing only sporadically. Tracy Morgan presented the awards for Best Original Song in a Motion Picture and Best Original Score. Elle dévoile la bande-annonce de la nouvelle série de son mari, Tahar Rahim. View this post on Instagram . For The Mauritanian, however, it was the sheer intensity with which Rahim threw himself into the four-week shoot that radiates through the screen and lends his performance a visceral power, especially during some of the film’s disturbing and brutal torture sequences. “Tahar is such a beautiful soul,” says the former Doctor Who star Jenna Coleman, who plays his accomplice, Marie-Andrée. Your face moves differently, your mouth, even your body. Visage imberbe, coupe de cheveux rétro, prothèses sur le visage et chemise ouverte sur le torse, Tahar Rahim incarne le glamour des Seventies, si seulement il n’était pas accompagné de secrets sanglants. He recently starred as Judas alongside Joaquin Phoenix and Rooney Mara in Mary Magdalene, but for nearly a decade he rebuffed Hollywood’s advances. Whatever you ask me, if I can do it, I will.’”. All rights reserved. 205.4k Followers, 93 Following, 878 Posts - See Instagram photos and videos from Lakhdar Rahim (@lakhdar_rahim) We will continue to update information on Tahar Rahim’s parents. What does he want his body of work to say about him? Tahar Rahim méconnaissable. It would be a stretch to imagine a part further from kingpin Malik than this Gaelic-speaking warrior daubed from Mohawk-to-toe in loam. « Qui fête son anniversaire aujourd’hui? Pour Tahar Rahim, il s'agit certainement là du meilleur des compliments. For the actor, who was nominated for a Best Actor Golden Globe for his performance in The Mauritanian, getting into the psyche of such as character was a … 1- Cheb Khaled? Last week, in celebration of the Golden Globes, Tahar Rahim found himself going through the usual pre-awards show motions—slipping into his bespoke suit for … Tahar Rahim nominé aux Golden Globes : Découvrez toutes les autres nominations de l'édition 2021 ! (The following year, Salahi was finally released and was able to return to Mauritania.) He was going to the gym because he had to get rid of this dark, dynamic energy he was carrying with him.”, Rahim transformed himself physically, too, topping up his fake tan every few days, shaving his body hair (“It hurts, man!”) and wearing facial prosthetics when playing the older Sobhraj. © 2021 Condé Nast. Like many famous people and celebrities, Tahar Rahim keeps his personal life private. Blistering breakthrough … Rahim in A Prophet. The Serpent viewers may … Tahar Rahim adolescent, une photo postée par Leïla Bekhti sur Instagram pour son anniversaire le 4 juillet 2017. Share. After picking up a BAFTA nomination for Best Actor and remaining hotly tipped for an Oscar nod, Rahim is excited by the new wave of attention the film has been offered, particularly for its ability to introduce as broad an audience as possible to Salahi’s story—and to keep spotlighting how relevant it remains. Any audience should be able to identify with him. “I look at my director and I say, ‘I’m your soldier. After The Serpent, he will be alongside Jodie Foster and Benedict Cumberbatch in The Mauritanian, out in February. The Serpent starts on BBC One and BBC iPlayer on 1 January. Leila Bekhti vient de poster une nouvelle photo sur son compte Instagram. Presented as documentary, this was actually scripted reality, with Rahim reenacting for the camera scenes from his own life. “I feel freer acting in English. A l'occasion du 38e anniversaire de Tahar Rahim qui s'est déroulé le jeudi 4 juillet, Leïla Bekhti s'est payé sa tête sur Instagram. 6,002 Followers, 6,094 Following, 693 Posts - See Instagram photos and videos from Tahar Rahim Fans (@taharrahim_fans) It’s unlikely the 39-year-old would ever have visited but for the pandemic, which interrupted the shooting of The Serpent, a BBC/Netflix production, for five months. It’s this thoughtfulness and sensitivity that has seen Rahim prove himself to be a new kind of Hollywood leading man over the past year. Bold choice … forthcoming Guantánamo Bay drama The Mauritanian. Regular people, balanced people, we don’t know what it is to not have empathy. I thought of him as an animal. Leurs regards se sont même croisés pour la première fois sur le plateau de tournage du film “Un prophète”, en 2008. He played the FBI agent Ali Soufan, who was instrumental in efforts to thwart al-Qaida. Such a quiet, calm, stylish danger is something another French actor, “It’s got, like, a main street and that’s it.”. It puts your soul in a different place, so you rediscover what you were at the very beginning.” Which was? En attendant d'avoir une éventuelle bonne surprise le 15 mars à l'annonce des nominations, le comédien de 39 ans est déjà nommé aux Golden Globes dans la catégorie du meilleur acteur dans un film dramatique. Tu m’en laisses une libre.’ After that, it was shorthand: ‘Une libre?’ In those moments, you have no idea what he’s going to surprise you with. 2021 Oscars Best Actor Predictions include Chadwick Boseman, Anthony Hopkins, Riz Ahmed, Steven Yeun and Tahar Rahim. Sobhraj killed at least 10 young backpackers making their way across south-east Asia in the 1970s. Tom! L'acteur fait de belles confidences. That knockabout comedy, he says proudly, will be the first film of his that his kids get to see. Ah – a cobra. “If I can be part of a piece of cinema that teaches people something,” he says, “I’ll be happy.”, And if the role is in English, so much the better. A broad, Robert De Niro-style grin regularly engulfs Rahim’s face, reducing his eyes to little dashes. “A virgin.”. One of the most powerful features of Salahi’s biography is the extraordinary lack of judgment or resentment with which he addresses the perpetrators of his horrifying experiences at Guantanamo and the moments of levity and humor he was able to find throughout the ordeal. Tahar Rahim y campe Mohamedou Ould Slahi, un mauritanien accusé de complicité aux attentats du 11 septembre et jeté dans les geôles de Guantanamo, une histoire vraie… Malgré les interrogatoires poussés, la torture et 14 ans d’incarcération Mohamedou a toujours clamé son innocence. Tahar Rahim’s mother’s name is unknown at this time and his father’s name is under review. He and his wife, the actor Leïla Bekhti, now have a three-year-old son and an 11-month-old daughter. Rather than being dragged along in the celebrity slipstream immediately after A Prophet, he took his time weighing up offers, eventually starring with Channing Tatum in The Eagle, set in the second century AD. The result is a sleek, almost laminated look. “It’s like I went up the red steps at Cannes,” he said in 2010, “and never came down.”, That makes it sound like a lottery win, when in fact Rahim is famously industrious and indefatigable. 2- Laurent Voulzy 3- Un futur professeur de ski ? “There’s nothing to do there,” he says. Instagram; 66 ° Cloudy . In the first week, it was, ‘Tom! François Cluzet et Audrey... Aurélie Robert Mis à jour le 06/02/21 14:50. “Maybe he’ll say, ‘They’re all talking about me!’ Maybe he’ll think it’s bullshit. “I talked with Kevin about it, we said, listen, we know Mohamedou is a victim of the system, but we don’t want him to be victimized or to behave like a victim. While Rahim is remaining tight-lipped on what projects are in store for him next, for the time being, he’s plenty occupied with awards season—or “Zooming on and on and on,” as he describes it, laughing. The material on this site may not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with the prior written permission of Condé Nast. “Plus, I don’t think I had time to relax because the shooting was so intense. Along with The Looming Tower, this suggests a bold philosophy emerging in his choices. “I was so happy,” Rahim adds. I was too scared to lose it because it’s such a deep, intense, multi-layered character. “This was the first time I read a script where there’s a sympathetic Muslim character at the heart of the movie, and that feels particularly relevant now,” Rahim adds. You never knew what was coming.” Ask Rahim about his approach and he puts it simply. L’appel à un ami est évidemment autorisé », a plaisanté l’ac Leïla Bekhti n'a pas été la seule à le féliciter pour ce rôle plein de promesses. I don’t think it helps people to question themselves.” It was his excitement at seeing a story centering a Muslim character on more considered, nuanced terms—as well as his prior relationship with director Kevin Macdonald, with whom he worked on the 2011 historical war epic The Eagle—that saw him leap at the opportunity of appearing in The Mauritanian. Malgré tous nos efforts, impossible d'aller au bout. “Of course, I would have loved to be there in person,” Rahim says. Laminated look … Rahim as Charles Sobhraj and Jenna Coleman as his accomplice in The Serpent. Last week, in celebration of the Golden Globes, Tahar Rahim found himself going through the usual pre-awards show motions—slipping into his bespoke suit for … A post shared by Leila Bekhti (@leilabekhti) UN COUPLE PARTAGEANT LA MÊME PASSION L’amour n’a pas été le seul élément à avoir uni Leïla Bekhti et Tahar Rahim. He’d steal a glass from me or suddenly kiss me. Nominated for the best-actor-in-a-dramatic-film gong (Chadwick Boseman posthumously won the award for his role in Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom), his film, The Mauritanian, ended up taking home a prize thanks to Jodie Foster, who won for her performance opposite Rahim. Somewhat implausibly, Tring stepped in. (Crédit : Instagram @leilabekhti) VIDÉO : Leïla Bekhti et Tahar Rahim font leur première couverture ensemble : Secret de famille. Partager sur. Tahar Rahim. Leïla Bekhti : mobilisée contre les violences policières, l’actrice se lâche sur Instagram “The way he played Charles was very contained, which is not Tahar at all. Et c'est à mourir de rire ! Worlds away from his performance as Salahi is his impressive turn as serial killer Charles Sobhraj in Netflix’s forthcoming The Serpent, which sees Rahim playing the series’s anti-hero with understatement but also just enough cunning charm to make you understand how the real Sobhraj accrued his followers during his spate of murders on the Hippie Trail of Southeast Asia in the 1970s. His tastes skew toward the arthouse, with intense dramas such as Our Children, The Past and Heal the Living dominating his CV, though he also played a burglar mistaken for Santa Claus in Le Père Noël. “I try to find bridges psychologically between me and him, but here there was nothing. (The couple met in 2008 while shooting A Prophet.) 4- Tahar Rahim? “You think at that age that being a great actor is about picking the crazy parts. Voilà pourquoi. After The Serpent, he will be alongside Jodie Foster and … Tahar Rahim's performance was especially lauded, as he was very convincing in the role of a cold-blooded killer with a fascinating end. “I’m always trying to go in a different direction,” he says with a mischievous smile. “Then I thought, ‘I don’t want to meet this type of guy. “His work ethic is off the chart,” says Coleman. But at some point, I came to realize that when you forgive the people who have done bad things to you, it’s a gift you give to yourself.’ It’s about not being guided solely by your fears and about forgiveness over anger.”. “A lot of what I was sent had to do with terrorism.” Given his Arab roots, he explains, he “didn’t want to be a tool for that sort of thing”. “Those who had met him talked about how he moved and spoke, and I started to assemble the puzzle. 'I saw him as an animal': Tahar Rahim on playing a real-life serial killer. As it turns out, the break was beneficial. There was a notable difference, however: Rahim, like every other nominee this year, was attending the show remotely over video link. He isn’t a still person: he’s really quite fidgety. “It shows that even if you’re in the darkest of places, there’s always hope,” says Rahim. Tahar Rahim's performance was especially lauded, as he was very convincing in the role of a cold-blooded killer with a fascinating end. Pour la première fois, Tahar Rahim était nommé dans la catégorie Meilleur Acteur aux Golden Globes 2021, pour son rôle dans le film The Mauritanian signé Kevin Macdonald. It’s simple. But, as Sobhraj, he scarcely smiles and doesn’t move unless it’s imperative. “We’re telling a story that’s about the universal values of humanity.”. Once more details are available on who he is dating, we will update this section. Once I grabbed him, I didn’t want to let him go. Avec sa performance dans le film Désigné coupable, le compagnon de Leïla Bekhti semble avoir livré une prestation comme l'Académie les aime. Ad Choices. It was 12 hours a day, six days a week. Rahim swivels sideways in his office chair so that he’s sitting in profile while he ponders the question. He’s a murderer, a manipulator. La raison ? And each time I would come back to my hotel room, I had to learn my lines for the next day and think about the way I portray Mohamedou. Fascination and repulsion – a very human feeling.”, His own interest in Sobhraj dates back to when he was 14, growing up as the youngest of 10 in Belfort, a city near the French-Swiss border. “He has this magical ability to keep on mining. He intended initially to meet the man himself, who is now 76 and in poor health in prison in Nepal, but decided against it. When Jacques Audiard’s A Prophet opened to international acclaim in 2009, its 28-year-old star Tahar Rahim seemed destined for huge things. Après avoir été diffusée au mois de janvier en Grande-Bretagne, la mini-série Le Serpent avec Tahar Rahim arrive le 2 avril sur Netflix. I don’t know.” Isn’t it ghoulish to tell his story at all? Last week, in celebration of the Golden Globes, Tahar Rahim found himself going through the usual pre-awards show motions—slipping into his bespoke suit for the occasion, checking in with his team, having a drink to calm the nerves. Tahar Rahim does a brilliant job of portraying Slahi as an empathetic and remarkably resilient man — while leaving some doubt as to whether he truly was an accomplice to mass murder. Vogue may earn a portion of sales from products that are purchased through our site as part of our Affiliate Partnerships with retailers. He’s what you don’t want to be.” The solution was to begin with the external. He’d ask Tom Shankland, the director, for ‘one for free’. He read a book about the killer that he found on his brother’s bedside table, and dreamed of one day playing him. Très secrète sur son couple, Leïla Bekhti n’est pas du genre à se confier sur sa relation avec son compagnon, Tahar Rahim. For one thing, Rahim’s second child was born earlier this year. Once filming resumed in August, a return to the original locations in Thailand was out of the question. They were poisoned, strangled, stabbed and, in some cases, burned alive. An extraordinary series of identity thefts, arrests, escapes and even a jailbreak followed, making him a shameless media star. He’s got a lot of humor, but at the same time, he’s suspicious, scared, traumatized, strong, and full of faith, you know, so I really went all in.”. “I didn’t want to relax as I was too scared to lose my character,” Rahim explains. Tahar Rahim torse nu sur Instagram : sa photo dossier sexy fait fondre les internautes Lire la suite. “Knowing about Mohamedou is knowing about his philosophy, which is all about forgiveness and peace.” In the process of preparing for the film, Rahim was able to spend time with Salahi, and despite familiarity with his story, he still expresses disbelief at the former prisoner’s radical empathy. ‘I try to go in a different direction’ … Rahim at the Berlin film festival, 2019. He plays Mohamedou Ould Slahi, who was held without charge in Guantánamo Bay for 14 years. Rahim’s American accent today is a hangover from that role, his native French cadences surfacing only sporadically. (Getty Images) Born in July 1981, Tahar Rahim is a French actor of Algerian descent. Last modified on Mon 21 Dec 2020 07.11 EST, Of all the things you might expect to hear come from the mouth of Tahar Rahim, the charismatic French-Algerian star of the hit prison thriller A Prophet and the new serial-killer series The Serpent, the least likely must be: “Have you ever heard of Tring?” Yet here he is, speaking over Zoom from his home in Paris, and dumping on the sleepy Hertfordshire market town. As recently as 2014, GQ magazine ran a splashy interview with this “funny, enigmatic, absurd and engaging” psychopath. For the actor, who was nominated for a Best Actor Golden Globe for his performance in The Mauritanian, getting into the psyche of such as character was a … Sur son compte Instagram, Leila Bekhti poste de nombreuses photos et vidéos humoristiques. It makes you forget about the habits you used to have as an actor. Newsletters Actu du jour Voir un exemple Abonnement newsletters. To revist this article, visit My Profile, then View saved stories. Like his award-winning “The Last King of Scotland,” director Kevin Macdonald understands the balance of gripping suspense and … “I really love Virgil’s art, and we’re now becoming friends,” Rahim adds. Rahim had plenty to celebrate. When he did agree to explore the theme – in the gripping 10-parter The Looming Tower about the US intelligence failures that helped make possible the 9/11 attacks – it resulted in his most complex performance to date. “She’s amazing in the movie, but she also deserves all the awards for just being Jodie.” For the big night, Rahim wore a sleek, indigo blue double-breasted suit by Virgil Abloh for Louis Vuitton and an eye-catching Tambour Street Driver watch from the house’s timepieces line. Le cercle de la discrétion à laquelle s’astreignent les deux acteurs s’est quelque peu élargi depuis 2017. A post shared by Leila Bekhti (@leilabekhti) ... Tahar Rahim . “I turned down a lot of offers from America and Europe back then,” Rahim says. “I wanted to see how he would con me,” he says. Ce mercredi 3 février, Leïla Bekhti a laissé éclaté sa joie sur Instagram. Nabilla . La série The Eddy avec Tahar Rahim et Leïla Bekhti est sur Netflix depuis le 8 mai. If you take that character, you take the narrative, and you put it in another context, the film still stands,” Rahim notes. After appearing as a drug dealer in the TV series The Commune, his blistering breakthrough came with A Prophet. The film tells the story of Mohamedou Ould Salahi, a Mauritanian man who was detained without charge at Guantanamo Bay for 14 years over suspected links to Al-Qaeda—and who hit world headlines after a redacted version of his memoir, Guantanamo Diary, was published in 2015 charting his experiences of torture and extreme isolation. All the essentials: top fashion stories, editor’s picks, and celebrity style. 2,296 Likes, 66 Comments - Tahar Rahim (@taharrahimofficiel) on Instagram: “#TheSerpent is the remarkable story of how one of the most elusive criminals of the 20th century,…” He grins and swivels in his chair again. Sur son compte Instagram, l'actrice Leila Bekhti a publié une photo dossier de son compagnon, Tahar Rahim. It stares at you. One of the joys of that film lies in seeing an actor, as well as a character, take shape before your eyes. It will certainly come in handy to have Abloh on speed dial going forward, given that Rahim has ended up becoming one of this awards season’s strongest contenders. While you may be here for the latest Jodie Foster film, it’s Tahar Rahim you walk away so impressed with. Just as the young convict Malik is transformed over the course of two-and-a-half hours (and six years of prison time) from toerag to kingpin, so the actor playing him goes from face-in-the-crowd to fully fledged star. But which one? Tracy Morgan. Over the course of my experience, I’ve realised that being a simple, normal guy might be the hardest thing to do.”, It was as just such a simple, normal guy that he made his acting debut in 2005, playing a version of himself on French TV in Tahar, Student. Tous les deux sont des passionnés du septième art. Leïla Bekhti et Tahar Rahim font la Une à l’occasion du classement des 50 Français les plus influents dans le monde, établi par Vanity Fair. Did Tahar Rahim worry about glamorising the murderer in slick new TV drama The Serpent? The latest fashion news, beauty coverage, celebrity style, fashion week updates, culture reviews, and videos on Vogue.com. I’ll find another way.’”, Does he worry that it will feed Sobhraj’s considerable ego to see himself portrayed by a handsome, talented movie star? “But at the same time, being with my loved ones in the same room celebrating was great, too.”. View this post on Instagram. Then boom! Use of this site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement (updated as of 1/1/21) and Privacy Policy and Cookie Statement (updated as of 1/1/21) and Your California Privacy Rights. Of course, a serpent. Share. Tahar Rahim was nominated for Best Actor in a Drama Motion Picture for his role as Mohamedou Ould Salahi in "The Mauritanian." f all the things you might expect to hear come from the mouth of. Tahar Rahim is a French actor, best known for playing Malik El Djebena in the 2009 award-winning French movie A Prophet. Déjà diffusée depuis le 1er janvier 2021 au Royaume-Uni, la série a été adoubée par la presse et le public. Before this year, filmgoers might remember him best from Jacques Audiard’s extraordinary A Prophet, the 2009 film that won the Cannes Grand Prix, charting the torn allegiances of a French-Algerian prisoner in a jail in southern France between Corsican mobsters, the Italian mafia, and his Muslim faith. For another, it gave him a chance to reflect on his work so far, playing the remorseless real-life murderer Charles Sobhraj, nicknamed The Serpent because of his ability to slither out of the clutches of the law. Tahar Rahim is exceptional in the role, calm and collected contrasted with restrained fear and humanity as the guards take up extreme measures to break him mentally and physically. “The less you know, the more you’re attracted. “It was always the same, stereotypical parts, depicted in the same way. Charles Sobhraj brutally murdered at least 10 backpackers in south-east Asia.
Début De Fréquentation Amoureuse, Nausées Grossesse Bonbon Menthe, Klem Schen Chanteur Biographie, Taxe D'habitation Chambre Chez Lhabitant, A Ma Fille Adèle Victor Hugo Analyse, Ccp Psi 2019 Informatique Corrigé, Du Criminologie Paris 8, Camion Rotisserie Vente Aux Enchères,