Abonnez vous! When you’d turned the handle 180 degrees, you’ll feel some resistance which means the handle not in the correct position. You can reach me via email [email protected]. Most likely this is for the thrust reverser lever and perhaps also for the red dot button. I did double check the assignments so ready to go. Sorry, your blog cannot share posts by email. Although the name suggest that we’re dealing with a throttle device for flight simulators, it actually offers much more then only a throttle unit. Staying at home with the kid 24X7 can be extremely exhausting. Next, what when I use another add-on twin engine GA aircraft like the Nimbus Islander or perhaps the Just Flight/Thranda Duchess 76 or the Thranda Beaver? I hope I can find the right words for this, it looks like that the top layer of the base unit – same as with the Alpha Flight Controls – is covered with a rubber coating which gives a kind of anti-slip look. Yes, yes, I’m aware of that. You do need to configure it on XP’s joystick page and map rotary knob and selector to plugin’s custom commands, but at least on my iMac I am able to get LED and landing gear LED and all selector-rotary knob to work. And that has happend on November 2nd 2020 for X-Plained.Com … the Bravo Throttle Quadrant and believe me, it’s not just a throttle unit like you know perhaps from from Saitek or other manufactures. Oops, I’m going a bit too fast. As we know from the previous section, no software drivers are needed for X-Plane. By the way, you can download this freeware NAPS airport by using this link. You either connect the mounting plate with two clamps to the table or you use the 3M Micro Suction pad which means you don’t need the clamps. The takeoff from 22R is an easy one. As you can see, I’ve added some NDB, VOR/VORTAC and fixes to the plan. When you have the Honeycomb Alpha Flight Controls you know that this works the same. – Bravo Throttle Quadrant with X-Plane 11.51r1 In other words, there’s no need to keep, once you’ve placed the mounting plate with the 3M Micro-Suction to the table, it mounted on the table. The Honeycomb Aeronautical team is working on that and can be bought as an add-on for your Bravo Throttle Quadrant to give it an Airbus look like. To me this means it’s a bit more then only plastic or other material. The only way to find that out was again to open the Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant box. It’s an archipelago situated some 2,000 miles (3.200 km) southwest of the North American mainland, Hawaii is the southernmost state of the United States (not Florida, as many think) and the second westernmost state after Alaska. It took over 2 weeks to get here. It could be that these files are already in the X-Plane Resources/joystick configs folder, but as of this writing with X-Plane 11.51r1, they are not yet in this folder. As you can see on the previous photos, when you’re not using some of the throttle lever arms, you can use the rubber caps to close the opening off and to keep the dust outside. I think it’s time to move on to the next section. And how does it feel or how do the selector knob feel when you rotate them? Anyway, we still need to unpack other components. Box Contents From Lihue airport it’s around 70NM to the most western part of Oahu and you can’t see much of Oahu when airborne, even if I climb to 8,000 feet. I have or had assigned on my left-hand horn of the Alpha Flight Control one of the toggle switches to the PITCH trim. Et n’oubliez pas d’activez les notifications en cliquant sur la cloche pour être au rendez-vous à chaque sortie de vidéos! The links to all these freeware add-on airports and additional programs can be found below. Out of the box throttle handle 3 has an additional number on it namely 2. Fixing the Mounting (or 3M Micro-Suction) Plate If an add-on aircraft has a dedicated developed AP, it could be that the assignments for AP commands are different then the ones assigned by the joy file. Then it would be more logical to position the Bravo on the right as it is in real, right? Anyway, enjoy this Hawaiian flight adventure! I’d had look at the X-Plane.Org website and found a good explanation and solution from X-Plane.Org user flyillin06. Honeycomb founder, Nicki Repenning has more than 10 years of experience in flight simulation, including 6 years of managing the Saitek Pro Flight Brand in North America.”. – XP10_HD_Mesh_V2_+20-160-Oceania (29 MByte) It seems that all assigned AP functions work with this aircraft, but when I tried to do the same during another flight with the Just Flight/Thranda Duchess 76, the basic functions like FLAPS UP/DOWN lever and GEAR UP/DOWN handle worked, but the AP didn’t respond do what I expected. The biggest advantage of this is that you leave the User Profile untouched and create for a collection of aircraft a dedicated profile which can have different assignments to the switches and knobs on the switching and Auto Pilot section of the Bravo Throttle Quadrant. And last but not least, there’s an AP button on the far right to engage/disengage the AP. Loosening the screw knobs means a left hand rotation of the screw knobs is needed. – OpenSceneryX v2 What to expect? This is then actually the HDG SEL mode/function of the AP. I did all the checks before. Hawaii is the most recent addition to the United States (it joined the country as the 50th state on August 21, 1959) and it’s the only U.S. state made up entirely of islands. I know, you probably don’t use the default 737NG, but it works so nice in combination with the Bravo. Neither less, use the friction knob with care. On the bottom of the Bravo Throttle Quadrant you see a hole. Why it this way worked, no idea, but lucky it worked. Cool. Of course, you’re always free to change other already assigned switches, or knobs to what you prefer, but basically it should be left assigned to the most logical switch, knob or lever. So once more, don’t delete the AFC_Bridge folder and paste the complete new AFC_Bridge, no, only the honeycomb-configurator.app! Power naps: On longer trips you should take a cat nap at least every four hours. It’s very easy to make identical screen shots of the same spot with and without the HD Mesh Scenery installed. You and I need to keep in mind that for example the Zibo 738 and other add-on aircraft aircraft have complex Auto Flight systems. For the Boeing look alike 4 engine aircraft it’s easy and straightforward. For clarity, I’ve marked the differences with circles. I’ve tuned for waypoint JINAS which is not really needed, but it gives me a little idea about the distance to go while flying towards the airport. The flight plan (see below) could look like this, with some island sight seeing added to it: PHLI – PHNL – HN (242) – ZEGPI – YORKI – MUGGE – GRITL – MKK (116.10) – YUNUB – PHOG – PHHN – UPP (112.30) – MUE (113.30) – BSF (339) – POA (332) – PHTO. That I mention this, has a reason, but no worry, I’ll come back to this later. Post was not sent - check your email addresses! Ho ho, hold on. When you tighten the screws and this means right-hand rotation of the screw knobs, the slack the Bravo throttle unit had will be reduced till at least one knob/screw is fixed to the mounting plate. According to other Org users it seems that the Aerosoft AFC_Bridge software only works with macOS Big Sur and Catalina. How about you? By the way, if you’re not familiar with NAPS, which I can hardly believe, the name actually means “North Atlantic and Pacific Sceneries”. When you go for GA or commuter aircraft, it doesn’t make much difference since the PROP (blue) and MIXTURE (red) have no contact. Positioning the Bravo Throttle Quadrant Also important, the Twin-Otter flies in Hawaiian Airlines livery, thanks to AFNavarro and the NML (Normal Mapping) files are included from Leen de Jager. As we know from part II, you can use the clamps to connect the mounting plate to your flight desk table, although there are also other options. The membership year corresponds to the calendar year. The idea of this panel is as follows; in the middle you find the different AP mode or engaged buttons – HDG – NAV – APR – REV – ALT – VS – IAS – with on the left of these buttons a selector knob that allows you to select a mode. I know. – Testing with Zibo 737-800 On Last Note ….. Airbus Models Since the GA ramp is located at the end of runway 4R and I need to make my takeoff from 22R, it’ll be a long taxi to the other end of the runway following taxiway C all the way to the beginning of the runway 22L and 22R. I can only tell that it works for me with Mojave and older macOS I don’t have anymore. Flight Testing Learn how your comment data is processed. I’m ready. Want to store it? I noticed a constant APU amber light while the APU was up and running providing AC and BLEED AIR, so no idea why this light was illuminated at the Bravo annunciator panel. What I didn’t say yet is that when you turn the left-hand selector knob to for example, ALT (PRESET ALTITUDE), VS, HDG (HDG SEL), IAS, you actually change these values on the MCP (Mode Control Panel). Now that we know what’s all possible, keep in mind that some levers in the “General Aviation” and “Commercial” boxes have an electrical contact. Find local businesses, view maps and get driving directions in Google Maps. Normally, I can forget this, but not in this situation. Although the trim wheel can be used with every aircraft, it is typical a Boeing look alike trim wheel. Oops, that’s confusing 3 (2) right? Perhaps it’s not rubber, but to me it looks gorgeous. See you in part II of the Island Hopping. Feel free to contact me if you’ve got additional questions related to this impression. And live in totally stunning countryside. Actually, this is not completely correct since you need the so called “joy” files for the Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant dedicated for Windows, Mac and Linux as was also applicable for the Honeycomb Alpha Flight Controls. Suppose you turn the selector knob on the left-hand side to VS (Vertical Speed) you can increase/decrease the VS value with the right-hand knob and of course, the X-Plane aircraft will correspond in accordance what you select. The first screen shot below is the Fred-E.Net download site for all your Hawaiian airports and the second screen shot is that of ISDG (International Scenery Development Group). When you connect the Bravo Throttle Quadrant while X-Plane is already up and running, a popup window appears that tells you that new hardware is detected. – Hilo International Airport Last but not least, I would like to thank Nicki, Jeremy and Ryan from Honeycomb Aeronautical who made it possible for me to write this review. As mentioned in the previous Mac Driver section, I highlighted the presence of zip files available at the Honeycomb website. I started this Zibo 738 section because I ran into problems and just to make this clear, not into problems when it comes to the basic X-Plane assignments like for the throttle, flap and landing gear levers, but more for the lights and some AP functions. Since Honolulu is a busy airport, I need to have full control in what I’m doing. When you’ve applied electrical power to the aircraft, you’ll also see the green LANDING GEAR down lights. To make sure you don ́t waste too much time in setting up we have created a config tool allowing to be as flexible as possible but also to make sure that beginners also find it easy to handle.”, Because of this, Aerosoft developed with Honeycomb this Honeycomb/Aerosoft configuration tool. It’s time to connect the Bravo to my flight desk table. That’s more than enough needed for a normal takeoff of my DHC6-300. Gentle peel off the plastic sheet from the suction plate. In the mean time I enjoy the modified landscape due to the integration of Andras Fabian’s HD Mesh Scenery package. While climbing out of Lihue, I’ll have a look behind me to check out Kauai. One last word about the mounting plate. And yes, the throttle levers move so fluently from idle to TO. I’m aware of that, but for some reason I can deal without it for the moment. – Functional Thrust Reversers with a mechanical lock at idle position Done! But when you’re more a virtual commercial pilot you can configure it as a twin or four engine jet aircraft. Anyway, those movies can be found via this URL. – Marginal Animated Sea Marine Traffic v1.1, To make this Hawaiian hopping complete, I installed all the suggested add-ons in X-Plane 10.25. It is really that heavy – these 6 kilograms or 13 lbs? This is a kind of short cut, but it will bring me on a heading to Kaaawa, situated on the east side coast of the island. Slowly descending to 1,500 feet, I’ll pass over runway 26L/8R and have a great view of this section of the airport. From there, we fly to my final destination, the airport of Hilo (PHTO) on the Island of Hawaii. Objects, forests, road networks and airports, should be set to extreme. You can’t assign these yourself, so you have to accept what’s illuminated and hope that this is correct for the aircraft you’ve loaded. Learn about bee keeping, wine making (fermentation) and branding making (distillation), chicken care and organic orchard practice The only contact is then the throttle lever with the GO AROUND red button. Finally, X-Plane 64-bit with a 2 Gb VRAM video card is recommended for the highest texture resolutions if you’re able to do that. While flying south from Kailua to Waimanalo Beach, I decide to check out the effect of Andras Fabian alpilotx.net HD Mesh Scenery v2 package. Not surprisingly since the inside is fully packed with foam so under normal conditions nothing can and will happen. I’ll explain later more about the electrical contact on the Throttle Quadrant unit itself. For this, see the last two photos. – Two and four-engine setup with magnetically swappable A/T disconnect cone. Back to Aerosoft. Just to make one thing clear; the program will be installed in X-Plane, but can be started and used to create profiles without running X-Plane. That plan is to cover four recently released NAPS/Fred-E.Net Hawaii airports namely PHNL, PHOG, PHHN and PHTO. So, for those who haven’t downloaded any of the alpilotx.net mesh v2 files, you need: But to the Mac joy file. When you take the Bravo Throttle Quadrant out of the box, all openings in the housing are covered by rubber fillings. When the Honeycomb team replies with an answer, I let you know. I’ll give you an example about this in the coming paragraphs. NAPS POINT10倍DAY注意事項 ※車両販売は「ポイント10倍」の対象外となります。 ※ナップスウェブショップでは「ポイント10倍」の対象外となります。 ※そのほかイベントで行う割引や特典、チケットとの併用は出来ません。 Adding to these paragraphs, you can find additional json profile files thus other aircraft types, at this dedicated Aerosoft Bravo Throttle Quadrant forum page. It’s either a sandy ground or light red colored rocks. When you’ve unzipped the Mac package, you end up with a folder named Resources and the following sub-folders: – XP10_HD_Mesh_V2_+10-160-Oceania (13 MByte). Click on "See Full Size Image" at the top when hovering your mouse on the map. I noticed this by accident and didn’t expect that when you put the plastic sheet back up side down it’s very difficult to peel it off. I explained already the contents of the the Mac zip file. Many thanks for this Antonio and Leen! The terminal has seven jet-ways of which four are occupied by static aircraft objects, which are a mix between American Airlines, Delta and Hawaiian Airlines. So, let’s highlight where and what Hawaii is. Exploring the Bravo Throttle Quadrant The archipelago is physiographically and ethnologically part of the Polynesian sub-region of Oceania. At the front pat of the housing you’ll find a basic AP (Auto Pilot) panel. That said, I did first a flight short test with the Nimbus Islander. Much more can be found at the dedicated WikipediA web page, but there’s more than only WikipediA. And what I miss with both handles is a marking on it. That said, the moment I start Windows X-Plane, and connect the Bravo Throttle Quadrant for the first time to my iMac, you need in the same way as with macOS X-Plane, calibrate the six levers by moving them over their full travel. – MSRP $69.99/€79.99/£69.99 (pricing is close to identical when taxes/VAT are removed) There’s a small remark and that is when you fly as particular aircraft type, it’s not easy to see all the annunciator lights, positioned behind the PROP and MIXTURE levers or to operate all these free available switches. What’s most important and something you and I would expect, is that all the AP related switches and levers (remember, only for a 4 engine jet aircraft) are correctly assigned. I don’t know how the plugin would work in Catalina and Big Sur since I haven’t tested it in any newer macOS yet. I'd miss these comments but yes being accountable um someone I don't recall, said to address racism in the US, you must take mirrors and Windows approach first hold up a mirror to ourselves before we look out the windows There’s for me not directly a reason to show you different flight configurations with a single engine GA aircraft, or a twin engine model like the King Air or with a 4 engine Boeing 747. No, it isn’t since when I’m sitting in the left-hand pilot seat. Here is mine. As you’ve understood right now, although the name suggests that this is only for Mac, it does contain the Windows joy file too, but what about the “plugins/AFC_Bridge” folder? Tantalus is the highest mountain on the island and is a part of the mountain rim that runs from one side of the island to the other. Don’t believe me? So what’s the lessons I’ve learned so far with some GA aircraft? With the communities of Mokuleia and Haleiwa below me, I decide to turn right to keep the mountains on my left hand side. Something else to mention is that the flight adventure uses alpilotx.net Andras Fabian’s HD Mesh Scenery v2. I’m aware that the “General Aviation” and “Commercial” levers are all from plastic, but components made of plastic aren’t the same. The only json file I found was for the ToLiss A319/A321, but no sign “yet” for the FlightFactor A320 Ultimate, the JARDesign A320Neo or their A330, the RW Designs A330, but for sure, the will come. You normally would expect a DVD with software, but that’s old fashioned, that’s history. © 2016 - 2021 X-Plained All rights reserved. Whatever it is, ahead of me I can spot very clearly the small unincorporated community of Kalaupapa. And here’s the Million dollar question; where can you buy it? It’s much smaller and doesn’t offer too many facilities compared to the other three airports,. For Hawaii, you need only the following files unless you’ve already downloaded and installed all of Andras files. This time I got my Bravo Throttle Quadrant sample directly from Honeycomb Aeronautical. Normal switches and throttle axes can be assigned within XP11 as usual, once you’ve download the joystick config file. Next assign this newly created profile to the right aircraft. I decided to install the Bravo unit on the left-hand side which is easier for me to check out all the levers, knobs, and buttons. When you select for example the commercial four engine configuration, then all levers belonging to this are correctly assigned. Don't miss out on this tee if you're looking for gifts talking about serial killers. Still at approximately 6,000 feet, I’ve just passed the beginning of the next island, Molokai, that lies between the one I just left and the one I’m heading for. You can reach me via email [email protected] or to [email protected]. The cable is 1.5 meters (4 feet, 11 inches), and has on one side a regular USB connector for in your USB hub or PC/Mac, with on the other side a USB-C connector that fits in the back of the Honeycomb Throttle Quadrant. clean/move with soap and a bit of warm water your hands over the Micro-Suction pad. Some words about the lights at the annunciator panel. Since I prefer to use the pad without the clamps, I’m curious how this works so off I go, cleaning with soap and water the 3M plate. Weird because when I use this AP function in flight, it works, so no idea why it says Do Nothing while it works. Other objects? This won’t take any longer than 1 minute. Click on the picture of the map and you should see a pop up. The NAPS team is responsible for many high end, quality freeware airports and donations are highly appreciated. As explained before and written in the manual, I remove the protective plastic and after I cleaned the table, I press it firmly in position and rubb it around to fixate the mounting plate. I mentioned this before that the main housing is similar to the Alpha Flight Controls except for the front part. There’s one more thing I would like to bring to your attention and that is using User Profiles and linking these user profiles to a certain aircraft. Third: some arms on the Bravo Throttle Quadrant have two and other three electrical contacts. This section is applicable to both Windows and macOS. Making the final turn with the DHC6-300 is easy and with flaps full down, throttles reduced, it’s not difficult to make a smooth landing. The three-year membership includes a discount of roughly 10%. Take a look at the photos below to see some of what I’ve seen. This helps us focus on the positive when the negative is just right there on the surface. How many and which lights are ON, that depends on the aircraft type you chose. However, it’s worth highlighting that it’s an easy and uncomplicated aircraft to fly by hand just using the aircraft trim. As per January 2021, the Honeycomb Aeronautical website offers dedicated zip packages for Windows and Mac. – Aerosoft Sky Tools v1.21/a>| registration is required This is something I haven’t seen before. Suppose I want to change the current HDG – so lets say this is HDG HOLD – I turn the left-hand selector knob to HDG, and turn the right-hand knob in a left/right direction. And yes, even the annunciator lights work, so I’m a happy person and satisfied with what I see. Although this good news, I had hoped that before the initial release of the Bravo Throttle Quadrant many json (aircraft add-on configuration) files where available via the Honeycomb and Aerosoft websites. After I’ve parked my Twin-Otter, I’ll do my walk-around check and relax a little bit. What I do in this section although this review deals with the Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant is using the Bravo in combination with the Honeycomb Alpha Flight Controls, just to see how much space you need on your table. The only problem is, of this writing – January 2021 – I hardly could find at the X-Plane.Org or at the Aerosoft forum, dedicated Airbus json files. Once I’ve removed the Throttle Quadrant unit, I spot the “suction/mounting” plate – same as with the Alpha Flight Controls – an Aerosoft flyer, the Honeycomb manual and a flyer with Honeycomb partners. It is correct that X-Plane 11 uses for specific hardware only 1 joy file. – RUscenery – XP10_HD_Mesh_V2_+20-170-Oceania (1 MByte) In real life, Hawaiian Airlines inter-island subsidiary airline ‘Ohana by Hawaiian, operates between the Hawaiian Islands chain, although serviced by an ATR 42. We added functions that are important in a flight sim environment like extra buttons and hat-switches, so more programmable features and assignments are available.”, Nicki continues “We also created a table mounting system that doesn’t require any clamps onto the table and can be used on most table and desk surfaces .The mechanical engineering for the Yoke was handled by Precision Flight Controls who have more than 25 years of experience in creating high-end flight simulators for the professional aviation industry.”, “By using existing components that have been evolutionally developed and tested over many decades, it ensured us that we would have the right feel and mechanical quality. I remove the boxes one by one, open them and oh my goodness, this is awesome. On the sticker on the side of this throttle handle you’ll read it. This review has become a bit longer than expected. As I started with my first Honeycomb review a while ago, the following statement stays the same; who hasn’t used or still using Saitek, Logitech, Thrustmaster, CH, VKB Gladiator hardware in combination with flight simulators like X-Plane, FlightGear, Steam FSX, P3D and the latest release Microsoft FS2020? All right, let’s get started. NAPS Library 7.3 People Library 1.11 Perth City VFR 1.00 PPLibrary 1.2.1 Prefab Scenery for 25K Airports 7.1 R2_Library 2.0 RA Library 1.2 RD Library 1.3 RE_Library 1.8 RescueX Library RuScenery Library 2.1.6 Sea Life Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window), Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window), Aerosoft Sky Tools v1.21/a>| registration is required, Marginal Animated Sea Marine Traffic v1.1, - Intel i7 3.5Ghz / 3.9Ghz during Boost Mode, - 1 internal 1TB SSD (macOS Sierra 10.12.4), - macOS Sierra (10.12.4) | El Capitan (10.11.4), - X-Plane 10.51m | X-Plane 10.51c | X-Plane 11.00r1. For this Hawaiian island hopping Adventure, I rented the “de Havilland” Twin-Otter DHC6-300 LN (Long Nose) and used the following NAPS/Fred-E.Net Hawaiian airports – PHNL (Honolulu International Airport), PHOG (Kahului International Airport), PHHN (Hana Airport) and PHTO (Hilo International Airport). When you search for this Honeycomb page you’ll see yourself, unless you use the hardware with Prepar3D, FSX Steam Edition or MSFS2020. On the other side two lifting levers in case you use the 3M Micro-Suction to lift the plate from the table. And before I forget it, only applicable for the “Commercial” throttle levers which have at the bottom of each lever 3 electrical contacts. I still feel like I Besides that you can see on the annunciator panel that the AP confirms this with the integral lights in the buttons. Anyway, since I started from Kauai, I did install the NAPS Lihue Airport PHLI, but since I’m ready for takeoff, I can only check the airport from the air. These switches are not yet assigned to anything, so you’re free to use them for your own. Bravo Throttle Quadrant with X-Plane 11.51r1 And not to forget the integral lights of these buttons. I really like the detail you go into and your enthusiasm is infectious. As it is now, the Flight Controls unit is in the correct position, but not yet tightened to the mounting plate. He, that’s interesting since that’s the same folder I highlighted in the previous Mac Driver section. I’ve reached my holding point M and I’ve got approval to make a rolling takeoff. It’s not just a plate. It’s nicely modeled, feels good when you turn on it, and it looks as real as it gets. From taxiway A, I have a good view of the terminal building itself. However, with this basic joy file you can create several user profiles and assign them to different aircraft.
Comment Jouer Maître Gims A La Guitare, Expiation Jurer Allah, Moteur Came Ne Fonctionne Plus, Téléconseiller Caf Recrutement, Résumé Princesse De Cleve, Dans La Zone Parole Chaton, Electric Guitar Shapes,